Let us know if you’re leaving

Your benefit is not paid automatically when you leave work. You need to fill in form12 leaving form [PDF, 121 KB] in order to access your savings. You can also use the form to let us know if you’d like to leave all or part of your benefit in UniSaver and become a retained member. Remember, you can only withdraw funds from the locked section if you’re over 65. If you’re under 65, your options are to leave your locked funds in UniSaver or transfer them to another complying superannuation fund or a KiwiSaver scheme. Fill in form 6 change of employer [PDF, 73 KB] if you’re leaving to take up a position with another university that offers UniSaver.

Processing times for leaving payments

When you leave employment, it may take 3 weeks or more before we receive final contributions from your employer depending on pay schedules. Once we receive all the information we need, payment processing timeframes are upwards of 5 working days. Make sure you complete form 12 leaving form [external link] in full to minimise the chance of your payment being delayed.