Voluntary contributions

We can only accept voluntary contributions from members through payroll from your salary or wages. This is a requirement as part of UniSaver’s exemption from some of the provisions of the Anti-Money Laundering and Countering Financing of Terrorism Act 2009. It means that, in most cases, you cannot make voluntary contributions from a personal bank account to UniSaver.

However, there are some exceptions to this rule:

For the purposes of the government contribution, the year runs from 1 July to 30 June (whereas the scheme financial year is the same as the calendar year).

To make a voluntary contribution, you need to complete a Voluntary contributions form.

Regular voluntary contributions

You can still make regular voluntary contributions through payroll as deductions from your pay. There is no upper limit. You can change your contribution rate using a Change member details form.

back to top