Other in-service withdrawals

Standard section

You can make in-service withdrawals from your standard accounts only in limited circumstances. These include your funds being subject to a court order (for example, to settle a division of relationship property) or a first-home withdrawal.

Locked section

You can make in-service withdrawals from your locked accounts for the reasons noted above. 

You can also transfer your locked funds to a KiwiSaver scheme at any time. You can keep your accounts in the scheme open, and you and your employer may continue to contribute to either or both sections of the scheme.

You need to be aged 65 or older to be eligible to make withdrawals from your locked account. If you joined the locked section before 1 July 2019, you also need to have completed five or more years’ membership of the locked section (or another complying superannuation fund or KiwiSaver scheme). From 1 April 2020, you will be able to opt out of this provision. Call the helpline for more information.

You can use the First-home withdrawal form or the In-service withdrawal (locked members) form.

back to top