We will pay your benefit to your personal representatives if you die while you are an active member of UniSaver or while you are entitled to a deferred benefit from the scheme.
Making a claim
The deceased member’s personal representative(s) or a lawyer acting on their behalf needs to complete a Leaving service form available under documents and forms. Personal representative(s) means:
- where the deceased left a will, the person(s) granted probate.
- Where the deceased did not leave a will, the person(s) granted letters of administration.
The following documentation must be enclosed with the form:
- A certified copy of the death certificate.
- Where the deceased left a will - a certified copy of the will and probate.*
- Where the deceased did not leave a will, a certified copy of the letters of administration.*
- Proof of the account that the funds are to be paid to. This can be a bank-encoded deposit slip or a bank statement showing both the account name and number. Payment must be made to an account in the name of a personal representative or a solicitor’s trust account.
*Probate or letters of administration are required for accounts of $15,000 or more.